LNC Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LNC Team

Welcome to game exile join the forums! And have fun.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hacked Account Guide/Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drake05
Drake05

Hacked Account Guide/Help Empty
PostSubject: Hacked Account Guide/Help   Hacked Account Guide/Help I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

UPDATE2 - Added "Master Account System/Project" -Credits to the AE Team.
UPDATE - Added a Video (To NEVER give out your password) -Credits to Razgriz.
_____________________________________________________________:
Note: The best way to Recover your Hacked account is the Master Account System.
Learn more about it here: Master Account System Project
After you registered, link all your game accounts to your Master Account, so that you will know all your password-
of all of your characters in each AE Game (even if it's changed).

Guide to getting your Lost/Hacked/Stolen Adventure Quest Worlds Account

To Scroll through this Guide Quicker Simply type Ctrl F to open your find box, and type in one of the options below for a speedier way to navigate through the guide.

* 1. Ways to Re-obtaining your Stolen/Hacked account (For Members)
* 2. Ways to Re-obtaining your Stolen/Hacked account (For Non-Members)
* 3. Ways to Re-obtaining your Password
* 4. Ways to Prevent From Getting your Account Hacked/Stolen/Lost
* 5. FAQ

1. Ways to Re-Obtaining your Stolen/Hacked Account (For Members)

The Following are simple ways for Members, who have bought a membership, to get there Hacked/Stolen accounts back into their possessions easily.

* Step One

Find your Payment Confirmation Email:

Before we can do anything toward getting your account back you will need the Payment Confirmation Email, This email will hold the Transaction ID that ID is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT Why? The reason is because the fastest way to get your account back for members, is to use the Automated Recovery page, I will introduce you to that in a minute but first lets gather the information needed before we go on to that.

* Step Two

Know your Payment Method and Your Email Address:

These two are important as well, for this to work you need to know how you bought your Upgrade as well as what, email did you use when paying for the Upgrade. If you don't know or can't remember the email or how you bought the upgrade, or if your parents did it for you, please consult with them as to the bill received. Your parents if they used an online account with their credit card, should have also received all the information as far as to their payment, and there payment method sent to their email. If you did it yourself you should also receive all of that information to your email. Also if you have an online account such as an Online PayPal or Click and Buy ECT account, the information is also stored there.

* Step Three

Getting your Account Back:

Now we can go to the Automated Recovery Page now that we have all the information we need in order to get your account back. Please follow the Link and Get to the Automated Recovery Page First
Automated Recovery Page - https://secure.battleon.com/account/recover.aspx

* Choose the Game that you Would like to Recover
* Next Put in the Account Name
(The Name that you use to log into AQW)
* Third Choose the Payment Method
(If you followed step one and two you should have this information ready to go if not please review that information.)
* Fourth Put in your Transaction ID
(Information on how to obtain it and where it is located you can find how to get yours in Step One)
* Enter in the Code found in the Picture
(A.E. Does this for Security reasons, they want to make sure that it isn't a computer hacking program trying to steal information)
* Click on Recover Account Password

If you filled out all the information correctly, you should scroll down to the bottom once again after hitting on the Recover Account Password button and there you will find your reset password, once you have that you can log into your account and change all your information. If you want to have better ways of not getting your account hacked please Refer to the “Ways to Prevent from Getting your Account Hacked/Stolen” of this guide to fully protect your account and Help prevent it from getting hacked again.

Note: For those that, were unable to find the information needed for this method please refer to the second method for non-members it is still efficient but it takes more time.

2. Ways to Re-Obtaining your Stolen/Hacked Account (For Non-Members)

Now this following method is for Non-Members, if you are a Member and were unable to find the information needed to use the method above, please use this method there is still a chance you can get your account back.

Please keep in mind, this method is still efficient but is slower and takes more time.
To get your account through this method it is real simple and only requires one step.

But you will need to know the Following information to be able to recover your account through this method.

Information Needed:
The Account Email Address
The Account Name

Simple and Easy

o Step one

The Mailing Method,

Please Go to the following Page:
Mailing Recover Page - http://aq.com/help/mailer.asp?c=10

Once the page is opened enter in, your information, which is the Email Address which you used to activate your account, and also the Account Name. Your account name is the Username in which you used to log in.

After that it shows if you do have payment info to input it, but since you don’t, just continue and leave that blank.

You can leave a small comment to add to why your account was lost or how it was lost.

Or if it was stolen from you explain how and if you know who did it leave the username in the Box as well.

After you submit that mail in web form, it will take about 2-3 days for it to process, but if it doesn’t happen in that time frame, continue to wait. Please remember A.E. has several players that get there account’s stolen so it may take some time to get it fixed but it will happen.

When your account password is reset, A.E. will send an email to the email that you imputed in the Web form, if they find the information is true and that you are not trying to steal another’s account.

Please to help you not get your account stolen again, refer to the “Ways to Prevent from Getting your Account Hacked/Stolen” Part of this Guide.

3. Ways to Re-obtaining your Password

If you have lost your password, there is a simple and easy way to get it back,

Please go to the following page,
Password Recover Page

This method is simple and easy to use, simply input the email of the account that you lost your password to, and once submitted it will send it to your Email address your current password.

Note: This will only work if you used an email that you use, not a “Fake” one

4. Ways to Prevent From Getting your Account Hacked/Stolen/Lost

3 Simple Ways

First Way
NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!
Watch this video:

Now a lot of us, get our account stolen/hacked for the following reason,

You give out your Password,

Please keep in mind that once you log into AQW, that Message of the Day is there for a reason, A.E. is doing its best to stop people from stealing but you have to do your part and not fall for scams such as the following:

“Who wants a free upgrade?”
“Who wants me to Verify Guardian/Dragonlord on their account?”
“Want to trade accounts?”
“Who wants free Adventure Coins (Or AC’s)?”

Things like that, are scams, they are never free and usually always require your password, please don’t let things like that spread, simply report the person for grieving and leave.

Let A.E. take care of the rest, now don’t go and start spreading the word about that user, when you report a user that’s it, it’s done. When you have reported the user you have done your part no need to go to others to gang up on the User, let A.E. do the rest and they will take care of that User.

Second Way

Another way to keep you protected is to have a good password, Some Users have simple passwords that are easy to guess, passwords that involve some part of your user name, or something to do with it can be easy to guess.

Having a password that has the following will have the best protection:

1. At Least 9 Characters or More
2. Add Numbers
3. Something that nobody can guess

Here are some suggestions,
Adding maybe your Birthday, in numbers would help a lot. Another good Idea would be to maybe use a middle name or something that only you would think off that others wouldn’t think of.

I know 9 Character’s seems long but at the least 6 Characters would be best 5 or less is a lot easier to guess.

Just keep those things in mind when choosing your password, and make sure it has nothing to do with your User name, that would be very easy for people to guess.

Third Way

The last way I can suggest for protecting your account is to never, ever, leave yourself logged in a public area. Some of you may use other Computers and save your password there, DON’T DO THAT, unless it’s your personal Computer, also look out for peeping eyes in public places. People these days can be very sneaky when it comes to this, they can be watching you as you input your password and BAM! Your account will be stolen by that person.

Also when you are in a public place, why I say not to save it there even though you go regularly, somebody else could see you playing AQW and simply while you’re gone go and change everything to their own personalization, so Never Save your password or username on a CPU unless it’s your own personal computer.

This is all to protect your account, by following these simple methods you will be able to protect your account fully, and prevent it from being stolen.

5. FAQ

Q: What if I am a member, and don’t have my account Transaction Id? Can I still get my account back?

A: Yes you can, simply refer to the **Ways to Re-Obtaining your Stolen/Hacked Account (For Non-Members) of this Guide to help you out, it still works even for Members who have lost their information but it takes longer rather than getting your account back in a few minutes.

Q: What if it is a staff member asking me for my password?

A: Don’t give it to them, It has been stated by Aritx and the A.E Team Frequently that staff members will never ask you for your password, reason being it is something that they themselves if doing so can get removed from the team.

Q:I have submitted the web form, and still haven’t received an email after 2-3 Days, what should I do?

A: Submit it once more, sometimes the web form’s can be lost but you can simply try again, just submit the web form again to try and recover your account
and wait.

~Drake05
Credits to ~Quick_Silver~ from AE Forums.

Last edited by Drake05 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
chaosmaster
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Account Guide/Help   Hacked Account Guide/Help I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

NIce one this will help alot il sticky this!
Back to top Go down
https://exile.forumotion.com
Drake05
Drake05

PostSubject: Thanks and Welcome   Hacked Account Guide/Help I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 pm

chaosmaster wrote:
NIce one this will help alot il sticky this!
Thanks for the sticky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drake05
Drake05

PostSubject: Added Updates   Hacked Account Guide/Help I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 pm

I added Updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Account Guide/Help   Hacked Account Guide/Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hacked Account Guide/Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LNC Team :: Artix Entertainment :: Adventure Quest Worlds-
Jump to: